Think Vitamin has a worthwhile article on OpenID.
This week I upgraded my Cingular 8525 to Windows Mobile 6 (WM6). I say Cingular instead of AT&T because it is old enough that it is Cingular branded (externally) and needed the last ROM update to be internally AT&T branded. Here are my thoughts from my first weekend with the upgrade:
- IMAP is fixed. When using WM5 I could not delete messages off the server, but I can with WM6. This means I don’t have to delete the same message multiple times on my phone and in Outlook.
- Schedule mail send/receive has been fixed. Now when I ask for an account to be checked every so often, it is.
- Windows Update has been incorporated. Although I haven’t really tested this yet because there haven’t been any updates release, this should make it much easier and more convenient to fix minor bugs.
- The 3G flash screen volume has been adjusted to a reasonable level. This was one of my largest complaints previously, especially after learning it was not an issue in the AT&T branded 8525s.
- Messages have some issues. When I created a new text message it flashes to the Today screen before creating a new message. It has also gone to the Today screen randomly when I clicked to open a message in one of my inboxes.
- My Documents comes with a lot of unnecessary folders. This isn’t a major issue because I could delete them without them returning.
- I can now save a number from the call history to an existing contact. Why it took so long for this, I have no idea.
- I can also now view an email sender’s address without saving that person as a new contact. Again, what took so long?
That is all for now.
A turkey was chatting with a bull. “I would love to be able to get to the top of that tree,” sighed the turkey, “but I haven’t got the energy.” “Well, why don’t you nibble on some of my droppings?” replied the bull. “They’re packed with nutrients.” The turkey pecked at a lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.
Moral of the story: Bullshit might get you to the top, but it won’t keep you there.
There are a lot of congratulations to give. Starting with my sister who on Friday found out she passed the bar exam. Congratulations are also in order for Justin and Pierre who found out they will soon be fathers and Robin and Angel, who just brought children into the world. Last, but not least are those that will be getting married soon; Brian & Stephanie, Mandy, and David & Ashley.
We have 5 weeks before the World Championships in Finland and I no longer think there will be an American team in attendance.